In addition to instrument development projects, the UCLA Infrared Lab supports many observational programs.
- The Brown Dwarf Spectroscopic Survey (BDSS) - Ian McLean.
- The Center for Adaptive Optics Treasury Survey (CATS) - James Larkin.
- Studies of star formation regions in the Galaxy using infrared imaging, spectroscopy and polarimetry.
- The star formation history and stellar content of the Galactic Center from infrared imaging and spectroscopy.
- Studies of the infrared properties of clusters of galaxies at redshifts > 2.0 using infrared spectroscopy.
- The properties of radio galaxies at high redshifts using infrared imaging and spectroscopy.